We are now highly dependent on the internet. We use it in every sphere of our life – from searching for information to paying our utility and other bills. We use it to buy online tickets and book hotel rooms. Then we travel around the world by uploading the photos of our adventures. Very briefly, the internet has changed the way of our day-to-day life and work. But one must admit that the internet has certainly made us more efficient and accomplished besides helping us save both time and paper. In this regard, online faxing is also an incredible addition to the list.
In this review, I will introduce you to the online faxing world that is gaining popularity. These seven online fax services are used widely to bring ease to work and securely transfer data just in a few clicks. The flowing lucky seven online fax services have made their way of having outshining the rest.
1. Fax Zero
2. Ring Central
3. Got Free Fax
6. Fax Better
7. Pam Fax
The key area that will be covered in this review is the compatibility feature of these online fax service providers. Then come security and encryption because if you are sending a sensitive file and your software is not safe it can put a heavy fine on you. So while selecting your online fax service provider you have to think about not only price and flexibility of the plans but also features, like security, storage, etc. The latter should be given priority as well.
- With the premium service, you will not lose your money because of either entering a wrong fax number or a disconnected machine or even a busy line.
- A surprising feature is the names and fax numbers of all U.S.A senators and congressmen that are enlisted for you beforehand
- An automated process attempts to send the fax 5 times. It sends you notifications through emails in its active status page from time to time.
- The packages are very reasonable and affordable.
- If you are sending 3 or fewer pages to Canada or U.S.A you are not charged
- Within U.S.A and Canada, you can fax 4 to 25 pages at only $1.99
- Faxes up to 15 pages to most countries will cost you only $3.63
- Compatibility: A wide variety of files are accepted. You can easily attach any formats DOC. /DOC(Word),PPT, XLS/XLSX (Excel spreadsheets), RTF,PDF,.TXT, JPG,PNG,GIF, and HTML.
- Provides Reimbursement: A failed premium fax to U.S.A or Canada will get you 100% cashback and for international ones 90% refund.
- Scanned Documents: An user can send scanned documents in black and white to the receiver.
- Security: It does encrypt your data before transferring. Fax Zero also do not disclose your personal information.
- Minimum Feature: Fax Zero has got limited features, for example, their package does not include the service of incoming faxes.
- Spam filters: Spam filters can slow down your work progress. You have to check frequently your mail to ensure that the fax is sent.
- Ring Central offers outbound schedule.
- HIPAA compliant is also included
- Unlimited storage
- Its subscription plan is good for both moderate to heavy fax needs. It provides you four packages.
- Fax750 is $ 14.99 per month.
- Fax 1500 is $ 22.99 per month
- Fax2500 will cost you $ 59.99/month
- Corporate Plan which a fax unlimited option charges $39.99 per month.
- The vital differences between these four packages are a user setting access, phone support and pages you can fax.
- Compatibility: You can easily work from the desktop client, iOS and Android apps. You can enjoy the option to choose from 13 different cover pages. You can integrate desktop apps with Microsoft Outlook.
- International faxing: International faxing services are also provided by this online fax service provider.
- Free trial: The package comes with a free trial and coupons.
- Security: Your data is secured with Ring Central. It uses Cloud Technology for data encryption
- No digital signature option: Users will not be able to use an e signature with Ring Central.
Got Free Fax
- Free fax cover page without any adds
- Greater than 128- bit Encrypted Connection
- Secure payment via Paypal
- Option to send International fax
- Got Free Fax has three kinds of services one is free.
- The second one is known as Premium Pay-Per fax service. You can fax 10 pages at only $0.98, 20 pages at $1.98 and 30 pages at $2.98.
- The third bundle is called Premium/ Business Prepaid Fax Service. Under it you can buy 100 pages of fax service at $ 9.95 or buy 300 pages at 19.95 and lastly 1000 pages at $49.95
- Depending on your need you can go for any of the packages.
- Different services under different packages: Free Fax cover page does not include any add. Premium Pay- Per fax gives you priority delivery. Business Prepaid Fax service includes advanced features like your page credits will never expire, fax image download and fax broadcasting.
- Security: Security is of good quality.
- Short fax length: Got fax’s free option fax length is very short.
- Less compatible: Lacks integration with phone apps. You cannot even sign or edit your documents with it.
- Provides no receive option
- Free trial for 30 days
- Provides you with health care plans.
- Advanced security and encryption facilities
- Combines 500 incoming and outgoing pages
The monthly charge is only $10.95. You get an annual discount is $9.00 per month. There is no hidden charge.
Create a Blocklist: You can create your own block and allowed list.
Advantage as a sender: You can send faxes from nine emails addresses.
Compatibility: Not compatible with mobile apps.
Free eFax 30 Day Trial
- eFax processes your received faxes by utilizing optical character recognition, or OCR, to make faxes searchable by their contents.
- With their storage capacity and online retrieval options, you can upload, edit, save and view any number of a fax from any device. By using any package, you can get unlimited storage space. The user can easily attach third-party clouds storage apps like DropBox, Google Drive, and iCloud
- The most significant facility that eFax provides is international fax numbers.
- They offer fax numbers of approximately in 40 countries. For instance, you can opt for a US-based toll-free number for no additional charges.
The first package is eFax Plus. This plan is offered at $16.95 and it is the cheapest among all the packages. You need to pay $10 as setup fee and can get the opportunity to send and receive a fax of 150 pages per month.
eFax considers eFax Pro package as their best value. It charges you $ 19.95/ month. The setup fee is the same as eFax only $10. By using this offer you can send and receive 200 pages/month.
eFax Corporate is another option. But, in case you need more pages for your business you have the option of customization. Under this page, you can get scalable page volume, HIPAA compliant and BAA. Besides, Fax API for easy integration can be done.
- Compatibility: It means you can fax any document from my phone. eFax presents integration options for mobile apps like both Android and iPhone.
- Use of Optical Character Recognition: eFax processes your received faxes by utilizing optical character recognition, or OCR, to make faxes searchable by their contents.
- Security: During account setup, they asked for four-digit that can be easily figured out by others. On the other hand, eFax does present you with an enhanced security option. When it is enabled, it will limit your access to faxes via an email link that requires your eFax number and passcode. This option also requires an SSL connection. If you go for this setting, you won’t be able to search, tag, sign, or add comments to your faxes.
- Expensive: Efax is costly compared to other online fax service providers.
- Interface: Web interface is also of poor quality
- Lack of two- factor authentication: eFax does not include any two-factor authentication option.
- Provides toll-free number just to receive 20 pages of fax. You cannot send faxes with this service provider.
- Document search and OCR
- Online Storage capacity to store up to 1000 pages.
You can get its package at $9.95 per month which is expensive compared with the features.
- Advantage as a sender: Unlimited number of documents can be sent only to one recipient.
- Storage space: This site provides unlimited fax storage space.
- Inexpensive: The subscription charge per month is very low and affordable
- Fax receipts: You will receive fax receipts on a weekly basis.
- Not good for heavy volume fax: If you have a heavy volume of faxes then Fax Better is not for you. You can use only one email address to fax your documents.
- Compatibility: You cannot integrate this site in your mobile.
- OCR feature: The OCR feature is only valid for 30 days.
- No local numbers: Fax Better does not allow any local numbers.
- Provides toll-free number just to receive 20 pages of the fax. You cannot send faxes with this service provider.
- Document search and OCR
- You can integrate Skype.
- It has got reasonable pricing plans. New users get three free fax pages. If you upgrade then you will get your own personal fax number.
- Its On-Demand package will cost $0.11 per page. The Professional one will charge you $7.06 per month and $ 0.07 per page.
- The Basic Plan is $4.69 per month and $0.11 per page.
- Advantage as a sender: You can send multiple documents in a single fax. Easy to use.
- Compatibility: You can operate on Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X with it. It can also integrate Android, iPhone or iPad and Blackberry 10. It has got inbuilt supports for Google documents and Dropbox.
- Security: It uses SSL or TLS encryption to secure your data. The data you transfer to them will remain confidential and is not transferable or read by the third party.
- Worldwide coverage: Like many other online fax services it includes international fax numbers. It covers more than 30 countries.
- Limited numbers of free pages are available in this online fax service site.
In short choosing among these seven giants of online service providers can be a very difficult decision to make. My suggestions would be to read carefully about the online fax service providers in detail to spot the differences. Some of them only send fax others to receive. If you want both of them with heavy volume and good storage space then you have to research on this more extensively. Most of them provide 30 days of the trial period and are really affordable. Moreover, recently the sites could integrate your android phones and iPhones too. One last caution should be on the security issue. Since you will send multiple documents as fax so it is really important to give some thought on security.
I hope this review on the top most popular online fax service providers will be your guide to select the best one. You will enjoy faxing from your devices without any paper, machine, and hassle.